Via Special soft etching technologies failures and problem areas of components or printed circuit boards are visible and tangible.
- Determination of failure mechanisms of electronic components
- Detection of layer thicknesses at component pins
- Analysis of solderings, plated through holes, bond areas
- Identification of cracks and other damages, e.g. based on the soldering process or mechanical stress
- Detection of delamination in printed circuit boards
Microsections / cross sections
As soon as failures in components or printed circuit boards cannot be detected via visual light microscopy or to also analyse and document aging processes the preparation of microsections is a necessary and meaningful alternative option in many cases.
Along a defined line a highly precise cut through the specimen is generated and embedded into special resin afterwards. Based on subsequent measures of grinding and polishing with sample-specific formula, to be performed with the utmost care, a surface meeting highest demands is originated.
Special soft etching technologies prepare the test specimen for the subsequent examination via light microscope or scanning electron microscope. Hence, failures and problem areas of components or printed circuit boards are visible and tangible.