Fully automated solderability test for evaluation of the processability of electronic components
- DIN IEC 60068-2-20
- DIN EN 60068-2-69
- VDE 0468-2-69
- Solderability tests on components, printed circuit boards, SMD pads and plated through holes
- Measurement of wetting forces
- Determination of the processability of components during the soldering process
- Documentation of wetting problems
- Determination of deviations in solderability behavior of diverse batches of components/components of different age
- Monitoring of processability by cyclic performance of solderability tests
In the particular case of aged components the issue arises to determine the solderability objectively and quantitatively.
Highly precise and fully automated solderability test systems enable the determination and documentation of the exact wetting force – i.e. that force that keeps the sample in the solder – for each component pin by immersing and extracting the sample into molten solder material.
From the progression of the wetting forces and the reached maximum force values, the expected processability of the component in the real soldering process can be estimated. Alternatively, a dip & look test is performed depending on the package of the component.
Further advantages of the fully automated solderability test:
- Colored, graphical presentation of test results
- Quantitative statement regarding the wetting forces
- Video documentation
- High reproducibility