Worldwide unique Long-Term Conservation and Storage of electronic components
Within the scope of Long-Term Conservation and Storage, HTV offers, for example, the following services:
- HTV-TAB®-Conservation Method for Long-Term Conservation and Storage of electronic components such as assemblies, displays as well as wafers and DIEs in high-security buildings for up to 50 years
- such as components, assemblies, displays as well as wafers and DIEs
- Cyclic energization of components and assemblies to maintain functionality (e. g. of displays or capacitors)
- Storage of electronic components and assemblies in Nitrogen Dry Packs for short storage periods as an alternative
- HTV-EverStock® for costless storage and sale of electronic components in original packing from customer excess stocks
- Long-Term Conservation and Storage of important files and valuable, sensitive documents with HTV-PermaDoc®
Due to the steady development and new features more and more electronic components are discontinued within a very short time by the manufacturers and thus become obsolete. The high number of mergers of major semiconductor manufacturers as well as more and more product lines in recent years leads to an increasing amount of discontinued products.
In order to ensure the production, maintenance and repair of own products and capital equipment and thus also to extend their life cycles despite the resulting lack of goods availability, risks of electronic components and assemblies should be identified as early as possible. This is the only way to proactively determine the demand for action and to avoid immense costs (e.g. redesign process).
The storage of electronic components is therefore an essential part of a forward-looking obsolescence strategy.
However, the conventional storage of „buffer stock“ in Nitrogen Dry Packs or anti-corrosion films offer at best a solution for up to 2 years, since aging processes, such as diffusion, endanger the processability and functionality of electronic components and assemblies after just 1-2 years.
With the unique HTV-TAB®-process (Thermal-Absorptive-gas Barrier) developed by HTV Conservation GmbH, the decisive physical-chemical aging processes of electronic components can be almost stopped by a special conserving as well as pollutant-eliminating atmosphere and specific individual temperature reduction. This allows a Long-Term Storage for up to 50 years.